The Care Center volunteers are crucial to the work we do. When the agency was started in 1972, it was completely volunteer run and volunteers continue to be the heart of The Care Center. Become a Volunteer Advocate today!
Volunteer Advocates work closely with the Victim Advocate and staff advocates to provide after-hours direct service to primary and secondary victim-survivors of sexual trauma & abuse. Volunteer Advocates provide confidential, trauma-informed advocacy and support to victim-survivors of all ages and genders within Douglas, Franklin, and Jefferson Counties.
Training is 40 hours (usually over the course of 5-6 weeks) and is full of valuable information on sexual assault. counseling skills, and crisis support.
- Each fall, spring, and summer a new training is held.
- Advocates must be 18 years old and over.
- Monthly meetings are held for updates, check-ins, case share, and ongoing education.
- Advocates must own or have access to a car and phone with a voicemail.
- We ask for a commitment of at least 1 year of service upon completion of training.