Director of Advocacy Services
Rural & Underserved Advocate
Support Group Advocate
Youth & Family Advocate
Jennifer Greever, LSCSW
Director of Therapeutic Services
Amie Mueller, LPC
Youth & Child Therapist
Jacob Schooler, LMSW
Carole Cadue-Blackwood, LMSW
Education and Outreach Coordinator
Board of Directors
Kirsten Watkins, President
Abby Hall, Vice President
Nicole Banman, Secretary
Justin Spiehs, Treasurer
We are looking for people to serve on The Care Center’s Board of Directors. We need a variety of skills and experiences, with diversity in race, gender, ability, religion and political affiliation. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive board and highly encourage people of color, women and non-binary individuals, bilingual candidates and all individuals with marginalized identities to consider seeking a position on the board.
Commitment: Board members must attend at least 75% of Board meetings, participate on at least one standing committee, commit to raising funds to sustain The Care Center’s free services to victims/survivors of sexual assault and support our mission. Board meetings are held approximately ten months per year. Committee meetings are held at a maximum of monthly and a minimum of quarterly, depending on the committee. Committees include Governance, Internal and External.
Election and Term: Board members are elected by the current Board of Directors. The term of a director is three (3) years and until their successor is duly elected. Board members can serve additional terms.
Duties of the Board of Directors:
- Participate in and make the ultimate decision in hiring the Executive Director.
- Determine major personnel, organization, fiscal, and program policies.
- Make final approval of budgets.
- Perform all necessary legal acts.
- Take action on committee recommendations.
- Determine rules and procedures for the Board of Directors.
- Elect officers to the Board of Directors.
- Participate in agency fundraising and outreach activities.
For a board application or questions contact Executive Director Chrissy Heikkila at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-843-8985 ext 2.