After an Assault

What Are My Options?

After experiencing sexual trauma or abuse, it can be difficult to know what to do. There are many options available and you get to make the decision that feels best to you.

Call The Care Center and talk to an Advocate
Go to the hospital and request a forensic exam
Make a police report
Make a report at your school or university
Talk to a friend or family member

Talk with a counselor or therapist

You can do all of these things or none of these things! You could even do things that aren’t on this list; it’s completely up to you. Need help exploring your options? The Care Center Advocates are available 24/7 at 785-843-8985.