A free yoga workshop co-sponsored with the Douglas County District Attorney’s Office and the Willow Domestic Violence Center. This workshop is taught by Melissa Mitchell and is first come, first serve.
Monday, April 9th
Hear from members of the Douglas County Sexual Assault Response Team about services and community responses to sexual assault.
Monday, April 23rd
Watkins Museum of History
Come join the community to take a stand against sexual assault! This annual event features community speakers, music, refreshments, resources, and a candlelight vigil & Speak Out Circle.
Thursday, April 26th
South Park Gazebo
Stewards of Children® is a prevention training that teaches adults how to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. Free and open to the community.
Saturday, April 28th
Eudora Parks & Rec
SAAM Action Kit
Downloads & resources for you to use! Tag us @stacarecenter or email us to let us know how we can help!
- Denim Day 2018: Register Today!
- Take Up Space flyer
- Lawrence SAAM 2018 flyer
- Take Back the Night 2018 flyer
- Use our SAAM Facebook frame!
- Self-Care for Survivors handout
- How to Help a Friend 101
- Rape Culture 101
- SAAM events at the University of Kansas
In the Community
- Monday, April 2nd: Jefferson County Commission proclaims April as Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Tuesday, April 3rd: Lawrence City Commission proclaims April as Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Wednesday, April 4th: Franklin County Commission & City of Ottawa Commission proclaims April as Child Abuse & Sexual Assault Prevention Month
- Wednesday, April 4th: Douglas County Commission proclaims April as Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Friday, April 6th: Wear Blue Day for Child Abuse Prevention & Awareness Month
- Monday, April 9th: Yoga for Healing workshop in honor of Crime Victims’ Rights Week in partnership with the Douglas County District Attorney’s Office
- Thursday, April 19th: Lunch & Learn with the Willow Domestic Violence Center in Oskaloosa
- Wednesday, April 25th: #DoBETER: A gathering to help the church learn how to better handle issues of sexual abuse and assault on April 25th at 6:30pm at Vintage Church. Facebook event can be found here and flyer can be downloaded here.
Denim Day is April 25th! Learn more about how your workplace can make a difference this April and register today.